Introductory programme for newly arrived refugees
Generelt om tjenesten
The aim of the introduction programme is to strengthen refugees’ ability to participate in the labour market and to help them become more financially independent. You must be a resident in a municipality by agreement with the immigration authorities and you must also be in need of basic qualifications.
The introduction programme must at least include instruction in the Norwegian language and society, and must prepare participants for participating in the labour force. The programme will be year-round, full-time and can last for up to two years. An individual plan will be prepared for you based on your training needs. As a participant, you are entitled to introductory support. On an annual basis, this amounts to twice the basic national insurance amount. Persons under the age of 25 will receive 2/3 of the support amount.
You are a newly-arrived refugee between the ages of 18 and 55 and have been granted a residence permit as listed below. You are considered “newly-arrived” if you have been in Norway for less than two years.
You must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- You have been granted asylum
- You are a resettlement refugee with an entry permit
- You have been granted a residence permit on humanitarian grounds as a result of an application for asylum
- You have been reunited with family members in the above groups who have been living in Norway for no more than five years
- You have been granted a residence permit on an independent basis after separating from your partner due to abuse within your relationship.
Pris for tenesta
The service is free.aaa
Brosjyrer, dokumenter, kart og lignende
- Lover og forskrifter
The municipality will provide the introduction programme as early on as possible and within three months after the refugee has settled in the municipality. If you have not received an offer within one month, you are entitled to a written notice explaining the reason for this, with details about the expected start date of the introduction programme.
You can appeal decisions concerning
- Allocation of the programme/benefits
- Major changes in the plan
- The stop of the programme
- Approval of leave of absence
Your appeal must be submitted within a deadline of three weeks from the date on which you received the decision. Explain what you are dissatisfied with and why you believe the decision should be changed. If you need guidance, you can enquire with the municipality. If the municipality upholds its decision, the case will be passed on to the county governor, who will determine whether the appeal should be sustained.
Avdeling: Eining for kultur Telefon: 35048400 Epost: email@example.com Postadresse: Nissedal kommune, Treungvegen 398, 3855 Treungen
- 2019-01-04 09:11
- Gyldig fra
- Gyldig til